8.11.2013

Reality Check

We took our dogs to the lake today. Little Man has made a list of things he wants to do with Emmie since it's her last summer. This morning he decided that if we were going to bring her to the lake, we'd better do it soon, and I agreed. 

My vision.

 Emmie hopping out of the car, walking down to the shore, and gliding out into the water blissfully. Feeling young and free of pain.

Sparky excitedly jumping off the dock and swimming, jumping, and swimming, to her hearts content. 

Little Man and I watching them play and frolic together then loading them up in the car and heading home with two happy dogs.


The reality.

Emmie hobbled out of the car and pooped right outside of the door in the paved parking lot. In the meantime, Sparky was freaking out in the car, climbing all over me, wanting to get out and go meet all of the fisherman in the parking lot.

When we get out of the car, Little Man promptly declares that he is going to go look for frogs and hands me Emmie's leash. 

The dogs outweigh me, and I think they might know it. I stand there hoping that they don't drag me across the parking lot in front of all of these strangers.

We have to wait for the boats and accompanying vehicles to leave so that Emmie won't get run over (remember she's deaf and almost blind). Sparky is pulling, whining, and slowly wrapping the leash around me hoping that I will let go of her leash.

When we finally make it to the dock, Emmie swims for like, 30 seconds and comes back out. Yep, she's done. 

 Sparky goes in for about 10 seconds and then jumps back on the dock and almost knocks down a family trying to get into their canoes.  

Another boat comes to the lake so we move to the shore to stand out of the way. Emmie poops again. Sparky tries to drag me over to meet the perfectly obedient dog walking from his boat to his owner's vehicle. That dog didn't even need a leash to heel! I am sweaty, jealous, and developing a headache.

I tell Little Man that we are heading for home, but first I need to pick up some doggy poopie with a plastic bag. There is no garbage can available so guess what we got to haul home in our car trunk? Yeppers.

When we get home, the dogs act more excited for their little doggy swimming pool that they did for the lake. Plus, my car smells like wet, stinky dog.

Little Man looks at me and says "Well that didn't work out how I thought it would."

 I agree Little Man, I agree.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.