8.17.2013

Just B...

...Impulsive (sort-of)

So, I sometimes resist change. Quite often, I am comfortable with the status quo. The unknown can freak me out. However, I have learned or rather, am learning that it is worth it to do the impulsive thing once in a while. 

Let me explain. 

Have you ever had the urge to compliment someone on how they looked and resisted giving the compliment? I know I have.

I used to feel weird about giving out those compliments. But, one day I decided I was being silly. What have I got to lose? Will someone get mad at me for giving them a compliment about how they look? 

How about if I tell them they are doing their work well?  

Will they complain when I help them by putting away their grocery cart?

What if I pick up some garbage as I walk down the road-without anyone asking me to?

How about if I buy a meal for that person, instead of just giving her money so she can buy a 'pop'?

There a million little things that a person can do to make the world a little bit better place. I think it's a good thing for Little Man and Baby B to see me caring about the world around me, without having any expectations to 'get' anything back in return.


Little things.

Some people may think it an odd, but I am going to try to be a little more 'impulsive' from now on.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

2 comments:

  1. Spontaneity sure has its perks. It certainly is a good thing to teach one's children! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's not always in my nature to be spontaneous, I can get bogged down by my list of things to do. But I think having a balance is good and I want my kids to know they are more important than my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support in our journey.