8.05.2013

Just B...

...Late

Now just let me explain.

I am notoriously late with delivering birthday cards. I will find the perfect card months ahead of time, and then lose it by the time the birthday comes. Everyone in my family knows that my card will usually be late. 

Christmas cards . I will order them early, even get them all addressed and then forget to mail them so...yep you got it, late.

My 'Just B' post this time around...late.


The old me would have felt guilty about getting behind on things, so I would keep busy doing stuff to avoid what I had gotten behind on.Then, I would have gotten further behind, which would mean more avoidance activities...etc., etc., etc. You get the picture.

Do I condone never even trying to be on time? No, of course not. But, if I am late, I can't beat myself up about it anymore. Sometimes, it will happen. I am trying to get better with my lateness. I have started to keep those early purchased birthday cards in my car glove compartment so that I don't lose them. 

For those times when I am late, I've decided that my late card (or letter) is just extending the celebration of the birthday or holiday that it was originally intended for. At least I hope that's how my family and friends feel.

You'll have to excuse me now, I have some thank yous and cards that I need to mail. (They were supposed to have been mailed in June.)

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.