8.07.2013

Happy Anniversary!

A year ago today, I started this blog. It was a bit terrifying for me, because it meant opening my life up to more people than I would generally be comfortable with. 
inspirational art decide what to be and go be it motivational avett brothers quote print 8x10 letterhappy etsy

My decision to start blogging was in large part to keep my friends up to date on my current adoption. However, I also wanted to raise awareness about the adoption process. It is frustrating (for lack of a better word) that there are so many children without families, that adoption still has negative connotations attached to it, that adoption takes so long,  and that in a world where people are out buying smart phones, data plans, and multiple homes...they feel they wouldn't be able to afford to adopt. 

 (Adoption isn't for everyone, but please don't use the 'we can't afford to...'  as a reason if your lifestyle shows otherwise.)

I wanted to show people what a real family formed through adoption looks like (at least this one).

Adoption Quote by Valerie Harper


That adopting as a single person is possible.  That we aren't perfect, but we're doing okay. That people can afford to adopt. That my real kids in this real family are awesome, and that there are other just as awesome kids waiting out there for someone to bring them into their new family.

Thanks for stopping by on this one year blog-iversary. 

I have some ideas for new things to add in year two. I've been pinning like crazy to make sure I don't forget my bright ideas. The Etsy store will be open soon (I hope, I'm just working on a couple more items.) Plus, Baby B will be coming home this year for sure. I'm also hoping to finish my book very soon.

What would you like me to cover in year two?

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.