7.25.2013

What's in a Name?

Growing up, I used to try to think of what the very best names would be for my kids. Or pets.

 Maybe it was because I came from a big family or because I had dreams of having a large family myself (either that or a ton of animals) 

Fast forward and here I am the mom to two sweeties who came with names of their own. Names that their birth families gave to them and ones that I would never dream of taking away. Those names are a part of them. Part of their heritage. 

Are they sometimes hard to pronounce. Yep. But, people can learn. I'm kind of ornery like that.

Many people have told me that it wouldn't matter, that I should just give them whatever name I wanted to. I am their mom now after all. They're right and because I'm their mom, I will keep their birth names and teach them to treasure their birth history.

So, what to do with all of those names that I wanted to use? Well, it looks like my future pets are going to be named Isabella, Caedman, Demeras, Joshua, Anne, etc.


That is unless I can convince my children to use those names for my grandkids...

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.