7.06.2013

Just B...

...Eclectic

I am a bit eclectic. 

Example: I like to dress nice, and try to look put together.  But, truth be told, I feel super cool (or 'hot' if you will) when I'm wearing grubby clothes and running my dad's Bobcat.(I know, right?! It is totally cool!)

My parents raised an independent girl, who doesn't mind getting dirty and loves to make stuff.
 But, I hate the feeling of dirt under my nails...but, I love working with clay...but, I'm allergic to dust...

I am not much of a world traveler, yet I have two children from other countries.

You get the idea.


I used to feel a bit at odds with these idiosyncrasies of mine. But, as I creep closer forty, I've made peace with myself. Plus, being an eclectic has become a lot more 'hip' these days.


This morning, as Little Man and I drank our Ethiopian coffee (mine with a little bit of Vanilla Almond Milk), from the espresso mugs I made in college, while listening to Johnny Cash sing "Ring of Fire" on the radio...I had to smile. Then we were off for the day. Little Man fluffed up his mohawk, pulled on his railroad worker style pants, and we drove to Grandma and Grandpa's while listening to Adventures in Odyssey.

As you go through your days, I hope that you also feel free to defy easy labels and just be yourself.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.