7.27.2013

Just B...

...Stubborn (kind of)

Today was a bit of an odd day for me. As part of the oddness of the day, I encountered someone who acted as if my self professed stubbornness was a bad thing. Can you imagine! Truly, I don't think my stubbornness is necessarily a bad thing.

You see, I am part Finnish. We don't like to call our stubbornness, 'stubbornness', we call it sisu.

Sisu
The ineffable spirit or inner fire that Finns call upon when all
strength seems spent.
Because of Sisu we (Finns) find it possible to do almost anything
except betray our honor or compromise our ideals.
Sisu is extraordinary endurance!

Sounds a lot nicer than stubborn doesn't it? Without sisu, I wouldn't have done so many things in my life: get two teaching degrees simultaneously, bring my children home as a single mom, kick Hodgkin's butt, go back to work full time two weeks after donating a kidney.

So...here's to stubbornness (or sisu)!
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.