7.28.2013

Dear Friends (and Strangers)...

I know that you're just trying to be helpful. You want to find a husband for me, and a dad for my kids. While I can only speak for myself, I thought I'd let you in on a few things to say (and not to say) to a single parent.

 I'll let you guess which is which.

You must be sooooo lonely. Isn't it hard to meet someone? We should get our kids together for a play date! You're such a catch, how come no one has snatched you up? You are doing a great job with your kids. It must be hard on your kids to not have a dad. How do you do it? You're smart not having a man around to stress you out. Why aren't you married? If you ever need a sitter, let me know. Wouldn't you like to be married? Have you tried online dating? What's wrong with you?  I know this nice guy...    
                     
Dating is tricky.When you add being a parent and dating? Yikes! Working with children for all of these years, I have watched kids deal with the fallout of their parents failed romances. When things don't work out, kids feel like it's their fault, whether that is true or not. For me, right now, it's just not worth it to put my kids  through that. They come first. 


99.9% of the time, I am completely content with my decision (that is unless I watch a Hallmark movie, or do something really crazy like listen to my old Michael Buble CDs). I haven't completely given up on dating. I'm just putting it on hold until for awhile. 

So, if you've found someone that you think is just perfect for me, feel free to have him give me a call...in sixteen years when Baby B is graduating from high school. ;)


I am a single parent. Would I like to be married to Mr.Wonderful one day? Of course. Would I like my children to have a father? If he's the right one, absolutely.  Maybe one day.

I can see it now...


We'll walk down the aisle wearing matching leisure suits. At the reception, our grandkids will play together. We will enjoy the company of our family and friends, dance, and shoot off fireworks. It's going to be quite the celebration.

 Let me know if you want to be invited.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.