10.05.2013

Just B...

...Tricky

Having Baby B home has made me think about many things in new, ahem, more creative ways. 

Take eating a meal, for example. Baby B does not understand why ALL food in view is not for her. She will chow down her plate of food, and if I haven't eaten my food yet she will be very upset (or irate) that I am not giving my food to her.  The same with Little Man's food.  I have actually taken to eating many of my calories while she is sleeping...or hiding in the bathroom.

According to Baby B the old saying is...What's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine?

We are currently potty training Baby B, so hopefully she will be nearly trained by the time Grandma starts taking care of her when I head back to work. I know that Baby B is only two, but she really was not liking having wet or dirty diapers so we started potty training. Then, smart girl that she is, Baby B realized this was an area where she could assert her own will. That girl has bladder and bowel control like you wouldn't believe! Luckily, I have heard many parents who have used the M & M trick...I ended  up using  chocolate chips, along with wild "You did it! What a big girl!" cheering. I never imagined I would be jumping up and down because of someone's successful elimination of body wastes. Hmmm.

Bedtime. I can't be the only parent who pretends to be falling asleep so that their toddler will succumb to Mr. Sandman. She's really good but I always win out in the end, at least so far.

How did I acquire such 'tricky' skills, you may ask. I worked for years with middle school students, have been an aunt for eighteen years and loved every minute of it. I especially love the challenge of getting kids to want to do what I wanted them to do (without them realizing that I was doing it.) 

Always a good time.

Hopefully, these skills will continue to come in handy while I raise Little Man and Baby B. I don't know though, I'm a little afraid that they might start to outsmart me before too long.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.