6.06.2013

Could anyone lend me a little bit of willpower?

I am a stress eater. 

Today was a stressful day. 

Although it was meant to be a day of great fun in our school (and there was plenty of fun going around) there was also some great stress for myself and my son. As in, I thought I was going to have a complete emotional break down in front of my entire school. 

Tonight Little Man and I have a lot to talk about.


After school I found out that someone who was a close family friend (and far too young) had passed away. I am completely and totally emotionally exhausted. Bags of potato chips, Cheetos, and chocolate are calling my name.

 So far, I have resisted, but my will power looks kind of like the paint on this door right now-a little bit weathered and flaky.


This school year I have lost twenty pounds pushing a cart around (I am a 'traveling' teacher....next year I get a room. Although some of the kids are surprised that I am qualified to teach in my own classroom!) I had put twenty pounds on after finishing chemo. Twenty pounds that I had never known in my adult life. I would kind of like for them to stay gone. 

Today is making it a little hard for me to resist the comfort of junk food. It's just so yummy, and mind-numbing. Thankfully, I don't usually have any in the house. Plus, I am starting to recognize that I hate the way I feel when I eat loads of junk.

All that's left is to find a replacement activity for my stressed out moments.

I'm considering Pinterest as a replacement addiction. Do any of you have any other ideas?


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

2 comments:

  1. Journal, read your Bible or other book, do stair steps, sit ups, organize a closet, paint or draw something for your little ones, scrub down the bathroom.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsey :) I made it through the stress. Thankfully, I had plenty to do with it being the end of the school year. No time for junk food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support in our journey.