5.01.2013

My life...

When I imagine my life, it would look something like this.
File:Garden Gate.JPG

This is the gate on the edge of our property. We have beautiful stone walls around the edge of the yard and gardens. I grow organic fruits and vegetables, and can or juice all of our bountiful harvest. Our home is classic Country Living style. The cleaning schedule I have set up makes it easy for me to always stay on top of things (in spite of our hectic schedule.) We have a beautiful piano that I like to sit at a play on. I make delicious home cooked meals that rival the best chef's newest creations. Isn't it beautiful. 


Okay, now back to reality. Our yard is basically a mowed field. Think weeds interspersed with grass. 

File:The yard at Skaw - geograph.org.uk - 1465319.jpg

(Okay, maybe this is not exactly our yard, but you get the idea).
 I refuse to spray for them, because I hate the thought of putting pesticides on the ground that we walk on, to have it possibly enter the water table (and therefore the water we drink). 

The 'garden' is...okay. We grow and save what we can. I often choose to play with Little Man outside instead of weeding. Consequently, the gardens don't always look the best. 

I am definitely never going to win any housekeeping or decorating contests (remember how I said that I'd rather play with my son than clean?)

Oh, and our piano is out of tune. 

But you know what?  

Spring time brings the most beautiful crop of dandelions you ever did see and I get lots of beautiful bouquets! Plus we can make a ton of wishes on all of those white puffs.
File:Dandelions 025.jpg

We have tons of trees to climb and woods to explore right out our backdoor.


Our porch is a great place to snuggle with our cats and dogs (and read books.)


And we really do love each other...a lot!


Maybe one day I will get my garden gate. But right now I am just enjoying my life with my Little Man-and praying for Baby B to get home soon so that she can share in the fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.