5.12.2013

Home From Another Trip to Haiti

I made it home yesterday, after taking another quick trip to visit Baby B. She is so much fun to be with. 

This Mother's Day is tricky one for me. I have two children, but only one of them gets to be here to celebrate with me. Yes, Baby B will be home this summer, but I still hate waiting longer. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient. At least she has a mom, and we will be together soon.

Not all of the kids at the creche have found their forever families yet. I believe they told me that there are 27 little ones waiting for a family. It kills me that they would have to wait. They are wonderful kids.

While in Haiti, I would visit the creche every day. For the first part of our visit, we would go spend time alone together playing. Then we would head back to the main building, and I would love on as many of the little ones in the baby and toddler room that I could until my ride came to pick me up. 

Baby B was okay with me giving a little bit of attention to the other kids. I was always very careful that it was clear I was her mama (even though the other kids all started calling me 'mama' too, picking up on it from her.) She would get unlimited kisses from me, but she was fine with me giving the other kids hugs.

So on this Mother's Day, I treasure my children and wait for the day we will all be together.

 Now, we need to find families for all of those other precious little ones at the creche.

Happy Mother's Day




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.