5.04.2013

Just B...

...Just.


Life isn't fair.

 As a child, this fact caused me to shed a lot of tears and, quite frankly, I got really mad. I would fume inside watching all of the unhappiness in the world.

As I got older and came to grips with the fact that I couldn't change the world (you were right Mom and Dad) , I decided to focus on what I could change. 

Myself.

So while I could sit around complaining about how 'unfair' (cue whiny voice) life is, it seems to me that it is a bit more productive to take action. 

 I will fight for those who can't always speak up to fight for themselves. When those most vulnerable in our society are treated unfairly. Children, the elderly, those with special needs. I will make sure those children that I interact with know that I believe in them and that they are special. When that elderly person is crossing the street, or needs help in the grocery store, or is driving in front of me on the highway, I will remember my grandmother, and treat them with respect and patience. When that special needs student is having an especially hard day, I will think of one of my favorite cousins, who may never intellectually reach adulthood, but has taught so many people sooo much over the years. 

Life may still be unfair, but I am going to do my best to make it a little more just. 


He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?  Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.