5.25.2013

Just B...

Fearless

Today I took Little Man and one of his friends to the science center. The two of them had big plans on holding all of the snakes so we headed over to that area first. I myself have a fear of snakes. When I was a teenager I stepped on one barefooted. I took off running and I am pretty sure that I didn't touch the ground the rest of the way home...



After carefully analyzing their options, they asked the man in the reptile area to take out a corn snake first. The snake was about two feet long and seemed peaceful (as far as snakes go). The only problem was, neither boy dared to hold the snake.

So I did what any good mom of a boy would do. I put out my hands and said,"I'll hold it." 

After they saw me do it, they decided that they could do it too. We continued around to the other cages. Bearded lizard? Held it. Very long boa constrictor? Ditto. Python? Held that one too. The only thing I passed on was the blue tongued skink...but I did pet it. (They weren't afraid to hold that one).


 I have always wanted keep my fears to myself, and not pass them on to my son. Today, I feel like I made real progress on conquering my fears.

Now, do I plan on getting a pet snake for Little Man any time soon? Not on your life. But I do feel pretty proud of myself today. Oh, and did you know that you can walk a bearded lizard on a leash? 

Hmmm. Now wouldn't that be an interesting pet?

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.