8.31.2012

Just B...



...Real

I work with children and I am a mom. One thing that I know is crucial when working with kids is to remember to be real. Kids can smell a phony from a mile away. Sometimes though, I can get so worried about living up to others expectations, that I am not as real as I aspire to be. 

This fall I will be moving to work in a new building, with a new group of kids (plus my son!)  I am very cognizant of the fact that to truly give the students the best of myself I need remember to be myself. That person happens to be a woman who is: flawed, embarrassingly goofy at times, has a temper when it comes to anything 'unjust',  is somewhat ADD, cries at sunsets/sunrises, loves being with family, gets excited making a nice collage, is stubborn, believes in second chances, gets overwhelmed by 'stuff', thinks bedtime is wonderful, cannot understand why children must ever wait for a family and LOVES seeing kids become who they are supposed to be.

God has big plans for everyone who allows Him to use them. I just need to stay out of the way!



"The people who influence us the most are not those who detain us with their continual talk, but those who live their lives like the stars in the sky and "the lilies of the field"-simply and unaffectedly. Those are the lives that mold and shape us."  ~Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

1 comment:

  1. awww. Little Man looks so cute using my camera. :)
    -L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support in our journey.