8.15.2012

Just B...

Still

I just finished a major project. Major! (More on that soon). I also am in the process of transferring to a different school for teaching which entails a bit of planning. Oh, and I have a million and one projects that I started back in June that have not really gotten finished...like the tiling in the downstairs bathroom, painting the new bedrooms and family room downstairs, weeding most of my flower beds (!), going through the boxes of junk in the basement that I no longer want, finishing a children's book that I wrote for my son. The list could go on and on.
 
I have a tendency to do too much, think too much, worry too much, plan too much...Outwardly, I am smiling and peaceful,  inside there is a constant hum of activity and plans. Consequently, I end up feeling guilty and inadequate-all because my good intentions for all of the good things that I wanted to do, only get half done or not done to the level I would like.It's kind of like setting yourself up to fail.

My new goal is to cut myself some slack, and just slow down. I have gotten the important stuff done this summer. I've spent time with my son and our dossier is translated and waiting to be mailed Haiti as soon as receive our referral and I've started making consistent time to read my Bible again.


So, I am going to take a deep breath and just be. No expectations. No plans. No pressure.


☻At least for tonight.☺



Be still, and know that I am God  Psalm 46:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.