11.02.2012

The Tough Stuff

Life has been busy,and I apologize for 'disappearing' for a month. It's hard to believe that amount of time has already passed. For the last few weeks I truly have been attempting to post.  Every time I try, I can't quite find the right words to express myself succinctly. I tend to be a wordy girl, but here goes.

The mother of one of my students is ill. In all likelihood, without Divine intervention, the prognosis does not look good. She was seeking a diagnosis at the same time that I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The outcome of both our illnesses and treatments could not have been any more different. As I teach this student every week, and watch the sorrow in her eyes grow, my heart is breaking. It hits a little too close to home to see a child mourning her mom's illness, and fearing the worst. As I read the family's posts on Caring Bridge I am broken at the thought of what they are going through. I pray daily for that mother's healing, and for peace for her and her family. I am not supposed to hug my students, but all I want to do is sit down next to this child, give her a hug, and cry. I pray for a miracle.

I also pray for Little Man, Baby B, and myself. There are still moments when I can feel fear gripping me as I worry-is my sore throat the tumor coming back? Could my backache be something more than just a pulled muscle? I tell myself to remember to trust in God. If you are going to worry, don't pray...if you are going to pray, don't worry. I find myself reading anything I can on the internet about ways to boost my body's ability to stay cancer free. I am wearing a pedometer these days to track my mileage (one day I made 14,000 steps in just my 'normal' activity!) I am considering taking up running. Sugar is the enemy-cancer thinks it is delicious and grows when you put it into your body. I have almost convinced myself that I like my coffee black, and that an orange is much tastier than a mini Snickers.

I hate cancer, and I pray one day we find a cure.
I will continue to pray for the healing of my student's mom. God still works miracles.  
 I will take this second chance I have and live my life in the healthiest way I can-as a way of honoring God and all of the many blessings He has given me. 

 1. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: 2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night, 3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound. 4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. 5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep .
Psalm 92:1-5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.