9.19.2013

Nap-time note...

Since I have a moment...

You know how two year olds have tantrums? Try taking a two year old away from everything that's familiar to them, take away their ability to communicate (which they've just learned how to do), take away their best friend. That being said, things are going amazingly well. In fact, every day is better than the one before. There have been some tantrums. Major tantrums. 

On our way home from Haiti, she had such a meltdown in the hotel that I left Little Man in the locked hotel room, and went down to the tunnel level of the building so that she wouldn't wake up everyone on the floor.

Little Man is having to make some adjustments to his vision of what life is like with a little sister. It's hard to go from being the only child for five years, to having a two year old competing for Mom's attention. Today is his first day back to school while I stay home with his little sister. That was a tough one to take but he handled it pretty well.

We have all shed some tears. There will be more tears to shed. Adjustment takes time.


But Baby B is running and laughing and playing like your average toddler. She likes her baby cousins, but isn't too sure about whether or not they are going to steal her toys. She teases her brother. She loves to be carried around...a lot! (I tell you, I am getting in a workout every day just by carrying her around.) Grandma and Grandpa's trampoline is a big hit. Baby B is even picking up English. Just today, as I was emailing some info for work, I said to her, "Those are Mama's things." Without a pause, she parroted those words right back to me, twice. I couldn't believe it!

Last night, bedtime was a breeze! Not a single tear shed. Today's nap, she fell asleep in three minutes. Yay! It may be a one time thing, but I'll take it.

So, although our journey is just beginning, we are becoming more of a family every day. 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great! Your story inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelsey. All along this crazy journey I have just tried to be faithful to what I feel God has set on my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support in our journey.