4.25.2013

Great news!

I have been a bit silent on the progress on Baby B coming home lately. Mainly because for the last month we have been in a holding pattern, and it has been depressing (at best) to even think about our progress, or rather, the lack there-of.

Just days before we were going to travel for our first trip to Haiti, I discovered that our I600-A had expired, and would need to be refiled (I had completed the one time free renewal of our fingerprints, but had missed the deadline for renewing the actual application.) 

To say it threw me into a panic would be a colossal understatement.

 Due to my mistake, I set back the progress of when my daughter would make it home. I would also have to make an additional trip to Port au Prince to file my I600 paperwork. I still am completely sick about the whole thing. The financial expense is a hard one, the fact that my daughter has to wait longer to get home...

So, a month ago my I600-A was officially received by USCIS. As of the end of last week, it still had not reached the desk of anyone who could process it (aka stamp it 'approved'). Without that stamp of approval, we have had to wait, and wait, and wait. When I redid my application, I added a groveling cover letter, as well as photos of Little Man and I with Baby B praying that it would help speed things up. Usually, the approval of the I600-A happens before a family receives a child referral, so the time it takes doesn't seem like as big of an issue. This time, every day has felt like a lifetime.

Today I received an email saying that our paperwork had been approved ('stamped') and was already on our way back to us!!!!! Hallelujah! That is truly a miracle. 

Seriously.

 If you have never waited for your paperwork to be processed through a government office, then you need to consider the huge number of cases they are looking at daily. For it to reach a desk and be cleared that fast is A...MA...ZING. Way to go USCIS! Now let's get Baby B home!

Thank you, God! 

He still works miracles!

“Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.