4.17.2013

Are you beautiful?



So, I've been thinking lately about the impact my self esteem (or lack there of) has on my children.
My negative self talk does not mean that I am being humble. I am waaaay past the age of saying bad things about myself just to get a compliment from someone.  I've started to wonder if it means that I am not truly thankful for the life that I have been given...

If I don't love and value myself, how can I expect my children to grow up doing so? Will Little Man grow up thinking that women don't value themselves? Will Baby B have body image issues? Will either of them appreciate the life God has given them, or waste it?

Today I am starting fresh. 

This cup of tea today was a further reminder of my new goal. I really believe it's true.

Here goes.

I'm... pretty okay. 

(Well it's a start anyway!)

4/18/13 Blog update

Unbeknownst to me (big words huh?), Dove has been thinking about this same issue. Watch this video. It's really an eye opener.

                                                      Dove Real Beauty Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.