2.14.2013

To My Valentines

Dear Little Man and Baby B

It's Valentine's Day again, or as I like to call it the pink themed candy holiday.

Today is the day to declare your love in a big way to the one(s) you love. 

 I am not one for public declarations on command.
 I am not big on buying cards, stuffed animals, candy etc. to prove my love. 
(In fact I am allergic to sugar...but that's another story.)

Little Man

You have put up with my hugs, kisses, and goofy ways for nearly four and a half years. Sometimes you act like you don't want a smooch from your old mom but, sorry buddy, you're going to have to deal with it. Along with my pitchy singing, poor dancing, and sad athletic attempts (all signs of my love. :)

I've already retrained myself to not call you sweetie in public so, I'll thank you ahead of time for cutting me some slack.

There are so many things that I love about you. Your kind heart, your determination and drive (I don't call you coach for nothing.) It's amazing me that you already want to save some of your money for your future family's trip to Disney World, and for plane tickets to bring Baby B home. I could take a page from your book.

My little planner.

 While some may have been afraid to bring home an 'older child', I have never once regretted it. You were not damaged goods, you were just a precious little guy who had suffered a great tragedy and lost a very loving birth family.

 You are amazing and I treasure each day I have been given to watch you grow.

Baby B

I have yet to meet you but I love you already. I pray that I will be the mom that you need to grow into the wonderful woman that you deserve to be. I carried the image of you in my head long before I ever saw your picture, and can't wait to finally hold you in my arms. I admit that I'm a little nervous about bringing home a little one still in diapers. Little Man spoiled me a bit coming home potty trained and ready to take on the world. But I've got the sippy cups and diapers ready and can't wait to hold you in my arms.

Becoming a family has been a process with many ups and downs, but it has all been worth it.

So while I may never be huge on the once a year celebration with large boxes of chocolate, dead plants, and cards ...I  promise you to shower you with love every day that I have a breath in my body.

I love you both more than I could ever say.

Happy Valentines Day!

This song has double meanings for our family but definitely sums up how I feel about my God and my kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.