2.04.2013

Getting Ready for Travelling


I talked to our Haiti coordinator today about our future travel plans. Basically, as soon as we know when we want to travel (within three or four weeks) they will make our appointments for going through court!

 Yikes!

 I can't believe how fast it feels like everything is going right now. Not that I am complaining. I can't wait to get to Port au Prince to hold my little peanut. But having everything happen three months earlier than expected means I am really going to have to hustle my bustle to get everything ready in time-not only in the area of paperwork (Little Man's passport in en route-praying for no delays with it) but also on the financial end of things.

 It is feasible that Baby B could make it home before the end of the school year.

 Before...the end...of ...the ...school...year!

That would awesome, amazing, miraculous (you choose the adjective).

It would also mean that I need to hurry up learning Kreyole, and make a plan about taking  an extended leave from work.  With adopting, I am guaranteed a job if I need to take time off to be with my child, but it is all an unpaid leave. Since I thought I would be bringing Baby B home during the summer, I hadn't really started worrying about that little mountain yet.

 Guess it's time to start getting ready for that possibility.

Little Man and I did a little shopping for Baby B after school today. We purchased some diapers (DIAPERS!), a tiny little swimsuit, a little cloth doll, and a stuffed Mike Wazowski (the green one eyed monster from Monsters, Inc.-guess who picked that out.)

How on earth am I going to get any work done for the next month or so!

2 comments:

Thanks for your support in our journey.