2.27.2014

Looking Towards the Future

Do you remember making fortune tellers in school? I hadn't really thought about them in years, but the students in school are big on making them right now. We had a fun night at the school a couple of weeks ago and I, appropriately enough, had crafts going on int my room. I had paper cut for origami and a couple of really simple projects.

Unfortunately, all the kids wanted to make were fortune tellers.


Little Man likes making fortune tellers as art pieces. Each one is progressively smaller, then he stacks them all up. (Those are some of his creations in the picture above.)

It's funny how even at a very young age we want to know the future. We like to think that we can plan out our path, imagining our perfect life. When I was little I thought I would be a cute little cheerleader like my mom had been. I outgrew that dream (literally) by fifth grade. 

I apparently wasn't that quick of a learner though because I continually tried making plans for my distant future for years. Pretty much all of them fell through. Not that that is a bad thing. My childhood (or teen or twenty-something) hopes and dreams were limited in their scope. I didn't know then what I would need in my life in the future. I just thought I knew.

Finally, I started to let go of my plans, my need for control, and let life happen. As soon as I did that, God started giving me back my dreams one by one, in ways I had never expected. The life I envisioned for myself was much smaller than the life I have now. 


God's vision for my future is much greater than my own. (Imagine that!) The highs have been higher and the lows have been lower than I ever thought that I would experience. God truly does know me better than I know myself. 

What will my future hold? Only God knows...but Little Man can make me a fortune teller if I want to take  any wild guesses. ☺

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.