12.30.2013

It's the Little Things

I have been absent lately from the blog. Maybe you noticed maybe not. The end of 2013 has had a lot of ups and downs for our family. In September, we welcomed home Baby B, the little honey. Definitely one of the ups.But then, I lost my dad in October. That one moment in time changed everything.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were tough this year. Normally my favorite time of the year, this year my goal was to get to that finish line of New Years. We are almost there. My constant stress headache has started to lift. The grief is still there, but God has gotten me through these 'firsts'.

I've spent a lot of time in the last few weeks thinking about life in general. Remembering my childhood. What things meant the most to me? The little things. The times Mom would polka with us in the living room. When Dad told silly jokes. Playing flashlight tag in the summertime. Cross country skiing in the woods as a family.


Our time here on earth is short. My children won't be little for long. One day they will be grown and I will be gone. I would like to think that I will make some sort of small difference in the world before I leave. However, it's even more important that I make a difference in the lives of my kids.

What am I teaching them? How will they remember me?

If I look at the big picture, I am overwhelmed. It sometimes feels like I am pushing so hard from the time I wake up to the moment that I go to bed, that I don't allow room in my day to just enjoy life.

Am I focusing on the important things, or just pushing my way through each day? What are the important things? What things just don't matter?



What am I teaching my children? 

This coming year I have decided to focus on just a few little things.I'll let you know soon what those little things are.

 There will be no major New Years resolutions here.

 I have this theory that if I focus on the small stuff, it might just make a big difference.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.