1.07.2014

Boring People

Over the holidays nearly our entire extended family was hit with the flu. It slowly moved from person to person, sometimes taking days before it hit full strength. The last person to go down became sick last night.

The flu takes a lot out of you. I still don't feel like I am back to my old self. I have no motivation for anything. I feel, for lack of a better word, completely boring. Not bored, boring.

I used to be the person who wasn't into technology, didn't watch much TV, never played video games. I love to read. I love doing crafts. I love going outside. But lately, I don't seem to have the motivation to do much of anything. Lately, about all I have the energy to do is watch TV, or check my email.

Pretty exciting huh?

I know this won't last. I know that as I recover from this flu, my energy will come back. My concern is, today as I sat cruising Pinterest, the other four people in the room were all sitting on their respective iPods, smartphones, tablets or laptops. We weren't even talking to each other.

We were just a room full of boring people.



Is that what we are coming to? A entire society of people who communicate more with their technology than they do with each other?

I am pointing a finger at myself as I ask this question. In times of stress, I used to retreat to reading a good book, going for a walk, creating art. Slowly, my life has shifted and I too have started to let technology become maybe a little bit too important in my life.

I want to start reading books again. I have a couple of books that I have written for my children, that I am determined to finish illustrating this year. I want to make exercise a regular part of my life again. I have several projects that I have in progress for a few people that I need to finish.

Sorry fellow boring people. I'm jumping ship.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.