12.03.2013

Mind Your Own...

I'm not sure exactly when, but somewhere along the line I have adopted the phrase "Mind your own..." (as in 'mind your own business')  into my daily vernacular. While it may not be grammatically correct, it is to the point and stops many issues in their tracks in the classroom. Now that I have two kids, I have found myself using the phrase at home as well.

He's humming! She's staring at me! He's touching me! They're passing notes! She budged in line!

It's funny how even children can try to micromanage the lives of those around them. Sometimes I find myself acting the same way (but over much more 'grown up issues' I'm sure...ahem.)

Kind of like Aunt Voula in  the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" I suppose. ( I think she has the best lines in the movie.)


There are things life that I feel very strongly about, that really do matter. 

Important. Big. Things. 

Then there are others that really just don't.  Meat or no meat. Long hair or short hair. Courtship or dating. You know what, I don't really care. Whatever works for you. I soooo done debating the trivial. 

Years ago, I attended a concert by Morgan Cryar where he sang a song with a chorus that really stuck with me. It said "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing."  

Let's do that, shall we?

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.