1.29.2013

The End of a Good Run




Last night, the weather forecast said snow was on the way. Depending on how the storm tracked, we were supposed to get anywhere from four to 10 inches.

 I prepared for it like I always do. Go to bed at regular time, and do not set the alarm to wake up early because usually the snow just misses us. Besides, I normally wake up at 4:30 every morning. There would be plenty of time to shovel and still make it to school by 7:30.

Fast forward to this morning. I wake up late (5:16) to find that we have received a foot of snow overnight. Yikes. Needless to say, I hustled my bustle out as quickly as I could, knowing that I would need to report to school on time. (It was technically a two hour late start for us-but educators are kind of like the postal service around here "Neither rain, nor snow, nor gloom or night...")

Now, I pride myself in being a hardy Midwestern gal. For fifteen years I have managed to get by with just me and my shovel, always making it to work on time. No pick-up truck, no plow, no snow blower. By evening someone generally comes to my rescue and plows me out (thank you neighbors and family) but it is all me in the mornings. 

Sadly, today that long glorious run ended. 

There was a ton of snow. Little Man joined me in shoveling for forty minutes just to get the snow removed from in front of the garage so we could back the car out and turn it around. What a trooper. We managed to make it down to the road where we promptly got stuck in the ridge created by the snowplow. After shoveling some more and a final push from a friendly deputy sheriff we were on our way.

So, do you think I will be worrying about getting in a workout today.

Nope. 

I wonder where I can purchase a reasonably priced snow blower?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.