1.11.2013

Icy Roads + More Snow on the Way = No School!





I apologize for my absence lately. Heading back to work after Christmas break is always hectic. I have been working really hard at making sure we still make room for fun in our day, after the regular school/work day ends. This means, less time on the computer and a LOT more time outdoors. Consequently, I am falling asleep quite early these days. Turns out, sledding every night for an hour really wears a person out.

Today we are home from school due to the weather. After all staff reported for duty at regular time, they realized it was too icy to have the kids come in at all. (With  snowplows sliding off the road into the ditch, they decided it would be best.)

My Little Man is beyond thrilled. This morning when we were heading out, he went out first to see how bad it was. As I came out onto the porch, he called out to me "Oh, mom it is WAY to icy out here for you! Wait for me to come and you can hang onto me when you walk to the garage."

 I love my little gentleman. He was right, it was so icy that you slid around on the ice without even trying to move.

So what to do today? 

Play outside (very cautiously for me...I can't afford a broken ANYTHING!)


   Try to get a good picture of the pileated woodpecker that has been feeding at Grandma and Grandpa's suet feeder. Those things are ginormous!

    Play some games.

    Read some books. 

    Practice some Kreyole.

    So much to do...and it's only Friday! 
     



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.