1.27.2013

New Games

In an attempt to keep myself occupied until Baby B comes home, I have started to try to think up new activities that I can do with Little Man. The reasoning behind this is two-fold. First, I know things will be a lot different once his little sister is here and I am trying to bank up a bunch of 'fun' so that there is no doubt in his mind that he is still my Little Man (he is definitely a kid for whom quality time matters.) The second, Little Man is still working through some school anxiety issues that have made some areas of school difficult for him. At home he does fine, at school it has been hard.

Really hard.

 I've been trying to find creative ways to work on those things that are stressful for him in school. 

Math has been an issue, which is odd to me. This is the kid who has been doing math in his head on a regular basis (addition/subtraction) since he was four. He thinks that he is just a lucky guesser. I've tried to tell him that it is impossible to always guess the right answer but he has yet to be convinced. If other kids are finishing the assignment before him, he starts to panic that he must be doing something wrong, and has a hard time finishing. So I have been inventing various games to help him to increase his speed.

  Today we played "Winner Eats All." I try to think of names that would be tempting to a seven year old boy. Using Racko cards, which are numbered from one to sixty, we divided the deck in half. Then we would flip our top cards up at the same time. Whoever had the higher number, gets to 'eat' the other person's card (a little greater than, less than practice).

 In a stroke of genius, I decided to up the ante and declare whoever has the most card at the end would have to kiss their own feet. A hilariously funny prospect for my child sure to convince him to play. 

Guess who lost?       

This girl.

Guess who can't reach her toes to her head anymore?

Yep...this girl.

Guess who's son decided it if you can't reach your own feet, you would have to kiss the winner's foot.

Yep.

 FYI seven year olds have sweaty feet. Oh, and don't go for a rematch. Their feet only get sweatier the more you play.

Little Man could hardly breath he was laughing so hard. Apparently my face looks funny just before I kiss his nasty little foot.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.