3.28.2014

Math Club, Matchmaking, and Other Mysteries



Some things in life are a complete mystery to me.

Take math club for example.  Growing up, I knew people that were in math club (or Math Masters). They were very nice people, fun people. But I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that club was not for me.

Solving mathematical equations for fun? No thanks, I'm good.


The ironic part is...I now run a math club at our school. The kids are having a blast, I'm having a blast...I still can't believe it. Who'd have ever thought?

Matchmaking. Yikes. I have gone on dates with men that people have matched me up with. They weren't horrible dates, but we definitely weren't a match.(Okay, so one of the matches actually was pretty bad. He had recently quit taking his medication...but that's a whole other story.) Now we have all of these dating sites like Match.com, eHarmony.com, ChristianMingle.com, etc. with ads proclaiming their success. I love the idea of finding my perfect match, but matchmaking freaks me out.


For Pete's sake they even sang about the risks of arranged marriages in Fiddler on the Roof..although that tune really sticks in your head.

Potty chairs with an Ipad stand attached.. I'm not even kidding. Sigh. Like we need to kill children's imaginations at an even earlier age.


Not to mention all of the germs. Ugh. Enough said.

Those are the 'big' mysteries bothering me these days. Although, there are a few minor one's still floating around in my head (Like banana popsicles, fruit juice that contains no actual fruit juice, high heeled tennis shoes, kidney pie...)

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.