12.15.2012

Why?

In Genesis, we read of God's creation of our world. For the first two chapters, we read of God seeing the good in His creation. "God saw the light, that it was good," after creating the seas "God saw that it was good," He set the sun and moon in the sky to light the earth "and God saw that it was good" "God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth...and God saw that it was good"....""And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good."

By chapter 3 we see Adam and Eve (the masterpieces of God's creation) choosing to listen to the serpent (satan); sinning by eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  See, that is where evil came in. 

So here we sit. 

With the tragedy in Connecticut we see more evil. I work in a school. Yesterday we had planned to have a lock down drill, which we cancelled. It is horrifying the thought of what went on in that school and what those children, teachers, and families will be living with for the rest of their lives.

Last week one of my students lost her mom to cancer after a long courageous battle. More evil.

I personally would like to build a fortress around all of those that I love to protect us from the dangers of the world. Complete with an organic farm, raising grass fed, hormone free meat, and organic produce, painted with non-VOC paints, and an artesian well.

God created everything good. We (okay Adam and Eve, but we as their descendants) opened that door to evil. Having free will, many choose evil over good. Jesus came (God in flesh) to help us find the way back to Him. Satan  is still roaming about like a lion seeking who he may devour, but God offers a lifeline for us to cling to so we may spend eternity with Him. But, each individual has a choice to make, God will not make anyone follow Him.

Following God doesn't insulate us from evil, but it insures we have an eternity with God to look forward to even if the journey leaves us with many scars. 

As I weep, I must remember that God weeps as well over what mankind has chosen. I will treasure the time I have with my family, pour myself out in love on those who I cross paths with in this life, pray for all of those hurting around me, and keep my eyes on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.