12.25.2012

Christmas


The thought of what the first Christmas must have been like takes my breath away. What a gift. This song by Chris Rice really captures the wonder of that moment.

Welcome to Our World

 I love Christmas time. Time with family is so precious. A chance to slow down and re-assess what is really important before the start of the new year. A time, hopefully, to slow down enough to thank God for what we have and prepare to walk with Him into the future.

We have had our prerequisite viewing of The Nativity Story, Elf, The Santa Clause, plus all of those adorable claymation Christmas movies from my childhood. I have been listening to Christmas music since Thanksgiving (a certain seven year old has even started to sing along when I am not in the room!) Yesterday, Little Man reminded me that we hadn't done any of our Christmas cookies-so we spent the morning baking three delightful little numbers (Finnish Spice Cookies for Grandma, Sugar Cookies for the kids, and  Pecan Chocolate Angels for me) then headed to Grandma and Grandpa's for Christmas Eve.

We were blessed to have my older brother's family and their new baby with us (one week old, and cuuuuuuuuuute!) but sad that my other three siblings and their families were not able to make it. Thank goodness for the webcam.

 This year our family also celebrated Christmas without one very important member-Baby B. It is surreal to have one child here and one child far away. Although we have never met her yet, we miss Baby B already. The Haiti coordinator from our agency assured me that every child at the orphanage is able to celebrate Christmas, and receive their own gifts.

I am sure they are doing a great job, but I want her home. 

Yesterday. 

So we pray, try to stay busy, and send as many care packages as possible until we can go to meet Baby B.

Treasure your family.

Merry Christmas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.