9.28.2012

Just B...

...Intentional
Two of the people that I work with experienced family tragedies this past week. In one case, three kids are now without a mom, in another a daughter is seriously injured. When you watch someone go through something like that, it really makes you want to wrap your arms around your own family.

I am a cancer survivor and I try to make the most of the moments I have with my family. Unfortunately, when things get busy I have a tendency to run on auto-pilot. "Must finish all tasks." My schedule starts to run my life, rather than me making sure my life is scheduled for ample time with Little Man.

This week I made the intentional decision to scale back on all of our busyness. Instead, Little Man and I cooked a new delicious meal together, read a ton of books, watched some funny DVDs, and drew crazy pictures of each other until we both were laughing hysterically. I quit with the internal conversation that i normally have with myself about what I really should be doing (what about the laundry, the dishwasher, etc.) I had time to really treasure my sweet little first grader. You know what, he is amazing and soooo much fun to hang out with! I always love my Little Man, but this week I was able to really enjoy him for who he is.

 Little Man will only be little this once. He already is planning for his future as an adult, complete with where he would like to go to college, what career he would like, how many kids he would like to have when he gets married, etc. My job is just to help him to become who he is meant to be.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

 Before we know it Baby B will be home and things will get so much busier. We both can hardly wait, but in the meantime I am going to give Little Man as many extra hugs as he will allow me to give him and treasure each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.