11.21.2013

Life, and Hallmark Movies

Sorry for the recent disappearance act. I head back to work next Monday, and have been trying to get myself geared up for that. It's going to be tough.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. The only problem is, I love my children more and if I had my choice, I would be a SAHM (stay at home mom).



Alas, having not found a magic money tree, I will continue working and I truly am blessed to be working in a great school, and with wonderful coworkers.

Still, the idea of going back is stressing me out. Unfortunately, one of my favorite coping mechanisms when stressed is avoidance. Sooo, in between playing with Little Man and Baby B, I have been living in the land of Hallmark movies. I love Hallmark movies and right now they are already playing Christmas movies! I know they can be a bit cheesy...and they aren't 'realistic'. Hello! Why do you think I like 'em? Life has been hard lately. Escaping for a time, and seeing a happy story play out in two hours while I shut off my mind to my own life is just what the doctor ordered. Even if real life is not like a Hallmark movie.


 (A little side note: This past summer, I had the opportunity to 'live out' a Hallmark movie. A stranger came up to me at a craft festival and said I was 'perfect, gorgeous...just the kind of woman he was looking for.' Yep. Completely freaked me out. But I'll save that story for another day.)


Another bonus in watching that many Christmas movies is that it is helping to prepare me mentally for Christmas. Normally, Christmas is something that I start planning for very early. I've been pinning Christmas ideas for months.  I adore Christmas carols, all of the decorations, finding the perfect gifts for everyone.
Unfortunately, this year is going to be difficult, celebrating without my dad here with us. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Never the less, Saturday I am going to attempt to decorate our house for Christmas. Little Man loves decorating for Christmas, and this will be Baby B's first Christmas with our family. Plus, I know that once I go back to work I won't have the time to truly enjoy the process of decorating. We've already had a few dustings of snow, and this Christmas season is going to go quickly.


Ready or not, I think it's time to dig out those Nat King Cole Christmas CDs.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your support in our journey.