1.22.2015

Our Adoption Story (A Second Look)

Today I'm excited to be participating in the first topic of the Adoption Talk Link Up. The first topic we are covering is “Our Stories.”

http://www.nobohnsaboutit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/adoptiontalkbutton.jpg
http://www.nobohnsaboutit.com/


I've written about our adoption stories before (you can read it here) but today I decided to go out on a limb and tackle how it felt when I adopted my oldest, Little Man (kind of a big deal for me so please be kind.)

Several years ago, I was part of a discussion with some other parents about our children's adoption stories. It was expressed by one of the parents that they wished their children had the fairy tale coming home story that many children being raised by their birth families had.

That really resonated with me. Adoption, to me, is the redemption of a deep tragedy. A testament that beauty can rise from the ashes.

At the time, I was being treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma and was having trouble sleeping due to some of my medications. One night, after a day of chemo, this story poured out, a gift from God. I slept like a baby once I had finished it.  I hope to write down Baby B's story one day to share with her as well.

I've never shared our story in this way on the blog before. It's meant too much, and seemed too precious and sacred to share. It was never the right time.

Until now.


There you go! If you have an adoption story to share please feel free join the link up and check out some of the other blogs here, to get started.

~ Aleah Bea

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Click the banner above to vote for Just B. @Top Mommy Blogs! You can vote once a day.

8 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama Bear! I feel like it was a 'gift' to me...now I just need to write Baby B's homecoming story.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am completely moved and inspired by this piece. What an amazing way to share your adoption story. I feel like this needs to be in a book of short stories or poems about adoption. It is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I have written for years in my journals, but never really thought they were good enough to share. This one is extra special. I am currently working on a painting to go with it. One of my goals for this year is to try to finish it. Hoping by sharing it I will feel more motivated to finish it. I'm loving the linkup by the way. :)

      Delete
  3. This is truly special. I could identify with all the emotions in the piece. You are talented and I hope you share in the Adoption Talk link up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know each person's story is different...but I wanted to capture how I had felt with my son's adoption. Still working out the details with my daughter's story. I loved reading your story as well. It's amazing how God can work in people's lives.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your poem! That is such a beautiful way to describe your progression through adoption!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I look at it as a gift to my son, to explain how blessed I feel having him be part of my life.

      Delete

Thanks for your support in our journey.